In his 15 years at the helm, Dr. Colin Dodds was instrumental in making Saint Mary’s the local hero and international star that it is today. The university has grown in both physical size and reputation.
A tribute and dinner to celebrate the rich legacy of Dr. Dodds was held on Wednesday, April 29 at Cunard Centre in Halifax.
For those who missed the tribute, there is still a chance to hear the precious moments over the Internet. Voice recording of the event is available and here are some of the highlights:
- The Performance by the Saint Mary’s University Tribute Choir (Part I)
- Introducing The Dodds Family
- The Speech by the Premier of Nova Scotia – Mr. Stephen McNeil
- SMU has become the Most International Campus in Canada
- Tribute from the Chinese Delegation of Beijing Normal University Zhuhai
- Dr. Ronald Wong, one of the founding members of the Hong Kong Chapter, has asked his classmate Dr. Brian Flemming to present a souvenir to Dr. Dodds on his behalf.
- The Speech by Dr. Dodds (Approx. 24 minutes long)
- The Announcement of the Creation of The Colin and Carol Dodds Family Bursary Fund
- The Performance by the Saint Mary’s University Tribute Choir (Part II)